LICKING VALLEY RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE CORPORATION
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS APRIL 15, 2019
This scholarship program, which is open to both young men and women, is designed to enhance the education and resulting careers of deserving students in our service territory.
1. The entrant must be a senior in this school at time of application.
2. The entrant must be enrolled in, or planning to enroll, in an accredited university, vocational or training institution of his or her choice.
3. The entrant must reside on Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation lines, or the primary residence of their parents or guardian must be located on Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation lines.
4. All entrants must fully complete a Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation Scholarship Application Form and write an essay on the topic “The Advantages and Disadvantages of Electric Vehicles”.
5. Scholarship funds will be paid to an accredited educational training institution upon receipt of appropriate evidence that the candidate has been accepted and is enrolled as a full-time student. No money will be paid directly to the recipient. Scholarships will be awarded for one (1) school year only. The time period generally accepted is August-May, spanning portions of two calendar years.
6. Unused scholarship funds will be retained by Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. Unused funds may result if a recipient ceases to be a student or if proper certification of enrollment is not received by Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation.
7. Entries will be judged on the following: school and community involvement, scholastic achievements, leadership activities, club membership activities, essay as well as financial need.
8. Grade Point Average (curriculum will be considered as well as grades). An official transcript must accompany the application as well as a copy of ACT and/or SAT scores.
9. Two letters of recommendation and comments from teachers.
10. The student must not be a member of the immediate family of an employee, director, or manager of Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. Previous winners are not eligible.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Vance, Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation
(606) 743-3179 or 1-800-596-6530